6.20.2011

Office Reveal

I recently realised I had never posted about the office, once it was completed!

This is the first room in this house we've basically almost finished, so its what we look to when we need motivation to keep going :)

Here is the before (actually, this was taken before we even moved in- this was the previous owners decor choices):




and once we moved in, here is the after:



I need to get a picture in the daylight, since this room gets flooded with light during the day, and makes it so much prettier!

We are still debating on curtains for the window...I actually bought a pair, but we can't decide if the room needs it or not.

Basically everything in the room was changed. Ceiling, walls and trim were all painted. Carpet was ripped out and replaced with new bamboo flooring, lighting was changed and all decor (obviously). It was the easiest room to do since we didn't need to be in there a lot.

Some of you have been asking me where I got the furniture. Well, the desk and tall cabinet were actually purchased off of Kijiji and redone. If you want to see the "before's" you can them here, and here.

I love the colour on the walls (its 'Fine Silver' by ICI) and all our trim in the house is 'Simply White' by Benjamin Moore Aura. Its just a bit less warm that the popular "Cloud White" which works well with the colours we are choosing for the walls.

A few more shots of the room:






Finally a full room reveal!

We've compiled a source list for you as well:

Desk: Kijiji
Cabinet: Kijiji
Filing credenza: Crate and Barrel
Desk Chair: HomeSense
Leather Chair: HomeSense
Floor Lamp: HomeSense
Foot Stool: HomeSense
Ceiling Lamp: Bouclair
Desk Lamp: Bouclair
Old style Rotary Phone: Sears
Photo above cabinet: Framed at Costco
Silver bowl on cabinet: Ikea
Rug: HomeSense
Garbage pail: HomeSense
Clock: Ikea
Flower vase: Ikea
Pillow: DIY project
Gallery Wall frames: Ikea, HomeSense, Walmart, Target

Paint Colours: 

Wall Colour: Fine Silver by ICI
Trim Colour: Simply White: Benjamin Moore





38 comments:

  1. Your office is gorgeous! Very stylish and elegant! Would love to see it in the daylight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much ladies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. now that is impressive. found you thru better after. love the tall painted cabinet! gorgeous. great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! That is an amazing transformation! Just found your blog! I love it! :-) I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so beyond in love with everything about this, I can barely take it. I found you through Better After. LOVE the grey and white. I just did my whole bedroom in this. Anyway....I am wondering where in the world you got that gorgeous fabric on the chair at the desk, OR the fabric on the other chair you painted and redid. I love them both and have been looking for something similar to those to redo a couple of chairs in my living room. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your office so much so that I'm pinning it to my board on Pinterest! Unfortunately I have to move my desk to my master bedroom but if I can make it look like yours, then I will be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing transformation! I found your wonderful blog through Better After.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a stunning transformation! I'm totally in love! You and I have very similar tastes. Very beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! 1. I super love your blog! 2. your room is GORGEOUS! 3. you have great taste :)

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a glamorous room!! Would love to have it in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow everyone, thank you SO much for all your incredible comments! You have no idea how much this means- thank you all!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. p.s I am following most of your blogs now too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ...here from Better After.

    WOW! What a change ~ it's beautiful. Love the desk and cabinet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty room!

    Elle
    http://homeofspoot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Love the damask print chair!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE LOVE LOVE!! Where did you get the desk chair?????

    ReplyDelete
  17. AMAZING!! I absolutely love it!! but one question...where's all the piles of bills, computer cords, etc.? lol, my office is a mess! Yours is awesome!!! GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Popped over from Layla's tweet, wow, this such a refreshed space, love love love the colors and fabric on that chair!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh wow- thank you so much everyone :) I am so flattered that you all like the space :)
    The chair is from Homesense, but Ive seen the exactly fabric at a fabric store in Toronto, Ontario...not that close for some of you :(
    Thanks so much everyone, you have all made my day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's beautiful! Only I would not put the desk facing that way, with the back of the chair facing the door, feng shui and all.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I saw this tweeted by Angie from the Country Chic Cottage. So I clicked over...looking for inspiration for my own officy/crafty area.

    Then I saw your after pic. And my jaw actually DROPPED.

    Well done. Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG! that room is gorgeous! fabulous job !

    ReplyDelete
  23. Everything about this office has been said - I just love it! Saw your blog through my twitter pal, Everything Etsy, and had to see it! I'm enmazed! (My word, envious/amazed).

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like it a lot! I think panels at the ceiling & on just both sides of the window would be nice!?..maybe in the same fabric as the chair?..It does look lovely the way it is, but I think the panels at ceiling height would make the room look bigger?..maybe in a sheer would be an option?..so many choices..I can see why you can't decide!..maybe you could change them out with the Seasons..that might be nice?

    ReplyDelete
  25. SO pretty!!! Can I work with you?
    Shannon
    {aka}|design

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the ceiling light fixture! Where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks so much everyone!! :)

    Thanks for the suggestions Mel Free!

    lol...Shannon I'd love to work with you! I tried to find your web page but couldn't....I see that you do design and organizing though!? Those are my 2 favorite things! Contact me at livingbeautifully1@gmail.com if you want to connect!

    Kristen the ceiling light fixture is from Bouclair Home (here in canada) :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, this turned out amazing. I think I love every single choice you made in this room!
    I am your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Absolutely gorgeous!!! I LOVE your new space!! Would love if you would come link up at my weekend decorating party!! New follower here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks Courtney!! Will definitely link up :)
    Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. How beautiful! I love the way it all turned out!! Where did you get the rug...Love it! :) your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  32. thanks Sherika! The rug is from HomeSense in Canada (comparable to HomeGoods)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous, wonderful transformation! We're Canadian too - Kijiji is awesome, my husband thinks I am obsessed :)
    Christina P (NS)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina! I KNOW...obessed with Kijiji here too!! You can always find a neat treasure on there ;)

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading our blog and taking the time to comment :) We read them all, and truly appreciate the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...