5.18.2011

High v.s Low

For those of you who frequently read Style at Home, you might be familiar with their "High v.s Low" segment. Its my personal fav, and I look forward to it in every issue.

On Monday's episode of City Line they actually showcased the "High v.s. Low" from the most recently issue of Style at Home and I absolutely loved it. There were a few pieces from the "Low" that I actually liked better than the "High".

If you want to view this part of the episode, you can check it out here.

To make it easier, Im going to post photos of the high and low and see if you can guess which is which :) If you look carefully, there might be one thing that gives it away....

Option #1:


Option #2:



Did you make a guess?
The answer is........

#1- Low
#2- High

(Sources for all items can be found here)

What gave it away for me, was the desk. If you've been following my blog,  you might be aware of my "desk transformation" that I blogged about a while back here.

I discovered my desk on Kijiji for $95.00. The desk featured in the "high" (option 1) was $1360.00. They look incredibly similar (but mine has extra drawers!):



















Both are the "Queen Anne" French Writing Desk style. Again, by spending a little bit of time searching around, you can also achieve a similar look for less :)

I love finding transformations like this :)

Another one of my personal favorite "High v.s. Low"

Option #1:


Option #2:



Which one do you like better?

The low version is.....

Option #1!

I actually saw that exact mirrored chest at Home Sense a few months ago....kicking myself now that I didn't grab it ;)

If you want to see more "High v.s. Low" transformations, you can check them out on the Style at Home site here.

I personally find so much satisfaction in searching out great finds and making them my own :) It makes the whole process much more fun!

3 comments:

  1. I am in love with your desk. What a great find/transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely picked the "Low" both times, though the pink room makes me cringe!!!

    And I also checked out the zodiac home design site and wow. I don't think it could be more wrong about me. But then most Scorpio descriptions are!! LOL Maybe it has something to do with me sitting on the border of a Scorpio and Sag...?

    I am so impressed with how regularly you are contributing to your blog!! Bravo! I finally managed to write something up during M's nap... I miss miss miss it so. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say it took me a minute to see that you meant high vs. low price, not high vs. low decorations in the room :S Duh!! Still love your posts!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading our blog and taking the time to comment :) We read them all, and truly appreciate the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...