10.12.2011

For the Shelves

Im a lover of books. Always have been, always will be. I remember winning a reading contest at my library when I was 9 for reading over 200 books in one summer.  All I got was a watercolour paint set. Yes. Im a true nerd at heart.

I love old books, books that have history and books that can be passed down from generation to generation. I feel like there is always a story (no pun intended) behind an old book.

Recently Ive been finding some vintage books at a few of my local thrift stores and Ive been collecting them for my future book shelf in our family room one day.

Recently I came across some neat books on the Anthropologie site. They have the Penguin Classics Clothbound Collection available, which I think would be so pretty to have on your bookshelf.



Classics like: Great Expectations, Sense and Sensibility, Wuthering Heights and my personal fav, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.




 
They aren't cheap, however, Ive done a bit of searching and found them on Amazon as well as ChaptersIndigo :) Best part is you can always get a deal on those sites, and the books themselves are cheaper on there as well.

My favorite find- the children's versions:



Peter Pan, Anne of Green Gables, Robin Hood, The Secret Garden, The Wind in the Willows and Huckleberry Finn.
You better believe those are going to be in a children's room in our house one day :)

Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. I also love books too and have purchase a couple of these Penguin books already and they are on display in my lounge :)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! They are such great classics to have and hopefully pass down for generations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh.. I love those books. The spines are gorgeous! Maybe I'll be adding those to my Christmas wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these too, I've got about 6 of them in my collection but want to get a few more for the nursery. They're just too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading our blog and taking the time to comment :) We read them all, and truly appreciate the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...